Langtang is a region containing thirteen total peaks over 5,500 m. above sea level among which the highest Langtang Lirung stands at the elevation of 7,234 m. The region is majorly inhabited by people from Tamang ethnicity with Buddhism as their religion to follow. Langtang National Park is located in Langtang region. Park is home to several endangered flora and fauna including Himalayan Tahr, Red Panda, Rhesus Monkey and Himalayan Black Bear. It is believed that this region has offered sightings of the enormous snow Bigfoot or Yeti in Nepali.
The Langtang Valley called “the valley of icy masses”, which is situated amongst Langtang and Ganesh Himal. It is one of the popular destinations among the trekkers. The valley offers pine backwoods, quick mountain streams, rough shake and snow-topped pinnacles, lush downs and glades strewn with daisies and wild primula. The valley is additionally heaven for the wild creature like panthers, red panda’s and musk deer.
Max. Altitude: 4,984 m
Best Time: March to May and September to December
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 02 Drive to Syabrubesi (1,460 m) by bus, stay overnight (7-8 hours)
Day 03 Trek to Lama Hotel (2,560 m), stay overnight (5-6 hours)
Day 04 Trek to Langtang Valley (3,455 m), stay overnight (4-5 hours)
Day 05 Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m), stay overnight (4-5 hours)
Day 06 Excursion to Tsergo Ri (4,984 m) and back to Kyangjing Gompa, stay overnight (7-8 hours)
Day 07 Trek down to Lama Hotel (2,560 m), stay overnight (6-7 hours)
Day 08 Trek to Syabrubeshi (1,460 m), stay overnight (5-6 hours)
Day 09 Drive Back to Kathmandu by bus, stay overnight (6-7 hours)
Day 10 Rest day / Shopping day in Kathmandu.
Day 11 Final Departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea coffee during the trek
- All ground transportation as per trip itinerary.
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek guide and Porter.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Sleeping bag to each trekkers (to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS card)
- Medical kit
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepali restaurant
- Trekking certificate
- All government and local taxes
- Travel & rescue arrangement (Helicopter evacuation available if required, at clients cost based on clients insurance policy).
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)